Saturday, February 11, 2012

How can I find books for a course when the school won't give me the ISBN number(They want me to buy from them)?

The course is for Introduction to Humanities, and the title of the books (there are 9 of them) share the same name. I have found ISBN #'s for most of them, but can't track down the final 4. I'm missing ISBN's for books 2,6,7 and 8. The 1st 2 books' ISBN codes are 0-74-929-6623, and 0-74-929-6607.|||Email the professor, or go to the college bookstore with a paper and pen and write it down (thats what I do).|||E-mail the professor who teaches the class and ask them for the ISBN numbers. They should be accommodating. Or go to your book store and look up the numbers on the books themselves then buy them online. If neither of those options work, then send out an e-mail to your student list serve and ask students who have taken the class before if they have the ISBN. Asking previous students is not always reliable because the books can change from semester to semester, but if all else fails, you could try it out. Also, try to check and see if the books are available in your library, as this can save money.|||I would always go right to the book store a month or so prior to school starting and write down all the information for the books I'd need. Then I'd buy them online if I could. This was easy enough for me since I lived close to the school.





If necessary purchase the books (keep the receipt!) when you go to school and then order them online cheaper (if you can). Return your locally purchased books when the new ones arrive. This can be problematic if some of the books are purchased new and in shrink wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment