Saturday, February 11, 2012

If ISBN# match does it mean it's the exact book I'm looking for?

I saw this book on amazon, and its a book I've been looking for. Under description the number of pages differs from my previous copy. But the 13 digit ISBN is the same as my previous copy. I want to know, is the book on amazon still the book I'm looking for (which I want to be the same as my previous copy)?





Thanks in advance.|||I am under the impression that if the content changes (such as number of pages) a new ISBN should be acquired.





A book CAN use the same ISBN through multiple printings if the interior content, format, etc. all stay the same, but not if the content has undergone revisions as a new edition usually does.





In this case, if the 13 digit ISBN matches but the page counts don't, Amazon probably has the page count wrong. They have the wrong page counts on our books all the time (though it's not always their fault-- sometimes it's the publisher's!).





It's almost surely the same book.|||Every single book that is published has its own ISBN number. So, the answer to your question is yes, they are the same book. Maybe the number of pages that is written in the description is just an error. Also, for your information, the term ISBN number is redundant because ISBN stands for International Standard Book Number. But it is a very common mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment