Saturday, February 4, 2012

What do I do if Amazon doesn't recognise the ISBN, UPC, or ASIN code?

Hi guys, I am trying to sell a board game on Amazon. I have searched for the product via its name and I cannot find it. I then tried to search by entering the codes mentioned above (barcode number) and it doesn't recognse it. Does anyone know what I can do about it? Solution gets ten points!|||Chances are that the game just isn't in Amazon's catalog.





Last year I had about 6 board games that Amazon didn't have in their catalog, so I had to add them myself.





As long as you're certain that the product isn't in Amazon's catalog, you can add it yourself. BUT you need to have an upgraded Pro Merchant account to add items to their catalog. The Pro Merchant account costs $39.99 a month.





There are other benefits to being a PM (I've been one for a bit under 3 years), but for me the biggest benefit is being able to sell things on Amazon that nobody else has...all I need to do is add the item into Amazon.





If you are NOT a Pro Merchant, there is no way you can add this into their catalog. That's really just how Amazon works.





Sorry. Hope this helps.|||Visit a big supermarket that has barcode readers any other barcode reader would be to look for 17 digit barcodes, calculate the UPC check digit for the first 12 digits, and if it checks out correctly then you probably have a UPC+5 barcode. There few software that do this type of conversion. Then you can go back input the info in amazon. Or search on ebay to see if someone have a similar products and copy their barcode or UPC

No comments:

Post a Comment