Friday, January 27, 2012

Can i sell my book by hand without buying an isbn number?

will a print on demand company even print it without one?


I want to print a few copies and sell them by hand in my home town to raise more money to get isbn #'s and then get it in stores. Is this possible?|||It is illegal internationally to sell books etc. without first obtaining an ISBN and a CiP number, but you may give them away without either.|||I'm asking because I'm trying to start my own book publishing company with help from family and friends. I have two authors who are willing to be patient with me because I've just started out. I can purchase them (isbns), but if there was a way around it (for right now) I was going to go that route.

Report Abuse


|||The ISBN number is not that expensive. Plus, from what I know POD publishing, providing the ISBN is part of what they do. What is it, you don't want one, or you don't want to spend what one would cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment