Friday, January 27, 2012

What is the difference between a UPC code and and ISBN number and how do I buy them so they fit together?

I am starting my own publishing company and am putting together a book. I know I need both UPC and ISBN numbers, but they seem to be from different places and I was wondering how they fit together? Can I buy the UPC and the ISBN seperately and will that be okay? I thought the UPC was a computer translation of the ISBN|||Good question! The link below should help ya out!|||You purchase ISBN numbers and barcode graphic seperately from your UPC number and its barcode graphic.





ISBNs are issued by the Bowker Agency at www.ISBN.org.





UPC numbers are issued by GS1 and by more reasonably priced resellers like Simply Barcodes at www.UPCcode.net.





Hope this helps.

Report Abuse


|||The UPC is for purposes of selling at a store





A ISBN number is for an individual specific title.|||UPC means Uniform Product Code


ISBN means International Standard Book Number

No comments:

Post a Comment